Billing and the Business Process Framework: Insights, examples, approaches and tools to develop a next generation billing and charging strategy
In today’s fast moving, digital led environment customers are demanding everything ‘now’. This ‘now generation’ searches out services and products online in an instant and expects their delivery in real time. Billing has to work at the same pace and the pressures being placed on legacy infrastructures in CSPs is starting to show.
Using the Business Process Framework (eTOM) as a reference tool, this course provides a complete understanding of the environment that will support and enable converged business capabilities, digital products and services as well as a current and an historic perspective on how we got here. It provides a roadmap, as well as insights, examples, approaches and tools to allow students to understand the issues underpinning a next generation billing and charging strategy. It also describes methods of measuring the success of that strategy, and the effectiveness of each of the major processes that support it.
|Member price||Non-member price|
|US$ 495||US$ 595|
Who should attend?
Service provider, vendor or systems integrator staff who are working on next generation network and service definitions and who need an overview of the environment and strategies for addressing issues around charging, billing and rating
What will you learn?
- What is “Now” Generation?
- Identify key hardware and software components in the realization of the services, including digital services
- Understand the difference and relationship and the complementarities between offline and online charging systems (OCS) in the context of billing systems
- Understand the billing, charging and cash flow management relationships to the Business Process Framework (eTOM)
- Discuss example services and potential solution strategies
- Understand transaction accounting principles to complement traditional Account Receivable and collection.
- Identify digital and cloud services that will impact ‘now generation’ billing.
- See real world examples of using data to drive usage & revenue
- Billing fundamentals; Pre-paid Billing; M2M & Cloud Billing; Mobile payments and how we charge, rate and bill for all of these.
- Policy Control, Business Rules & Management Systems